It is that time of year that I get to “turn” another year older. With age really does come wisdom and awareness of how much you don’t know. I have now lived a quarter of a century. Even though I have so much more to learn here are 25 life lessons I have learned so far.
25 Things I Have Learned In 25 Years
1. Do not rush to grow up.
2. Work hard, it truly does pay off.
3. Kindness is free.
4. You never know who is watching.
5. Giving is better than receiving.
6. Dance parties in the kitchen almost always make things better.
7. It’s okay to be sad and to ask for help.
8. It’s good to step out of your comfort zone and try new things.
9. Depression is part of the grieving process.
10. It’s okay for someone to think you are wrong even when you know you’re right.
11. It’s not always worth arguing over.
12. Speak up for what you believe in.
13. Admitting you are wrong is good for your heart.
14. Find joy in nature and all forms of weather.
15. Racism is real.
16. Don’t take people for granted.
17. There is beauty in struggle.
18. Your words have power.
19. Marriage is hard, but worth it.
20. Postpartum is no joke and more people should talk about their struggles.
21. Your child is worth more than your life.
22. Being a mom is the best thing ever.
23. Life is amazing through a child’s eyes.
24. There is always more to learn.
25. Trust in God. His ways are better.
If you were to share one life lesson with someone, what would it be?